The Signature Series CD players have benefited from many innovations, whether in terms of power supplies or audio and conversion stages. In addition, all of these devices can now accommodate a 24 bits/192 kHz DAC board relying on the player’s internal converter. The USB input is asynchronous.
The CD50 Signature comes in a new metal case with a superb 4mm brushed-aluminium front panel (silver or black)! Of course, this front panel takes the new design of Atoll products. Below the tray, a low power consumption OLED display gives the different playback and range information. On each side, there are 3 control buttons that take over the main functions (play, stop, pause, forward/backward). The back panel provides an asymmetrical stereo analogue output, a digital output in S/PDIF coaxial format and a Toslink optical output.
This CD player features TEAC Pure Audio CD mechanics optimized to reduce jitter to a minimum. It is mounted on a central anti-resonant chassis to avoid any vibration that would damage the playback. The CD50 Signature player is compatible with CD, CD-R, MP3 formats CD-RW, WMA and AAC. It is also compatible with the CD Text if the CD has one.
To limit all interferences, Atoll opted for 4 regulated power supplies, dedicated to analogue and digital. A transformer is used specifically for the audio stages.
Can optionally be equipped with an upgrade module with three digital inputs.
- Pure audio CD drive from TEAC
- Supplies of audio stages with linear transformer
- Linear supply of digital stages with specific 30VA transformer
- 6 regulated supplies
- BURR-BROWN PCM1793 converter
- differential audio outputs with discrete components polarized in A class
- DC coupling (no link capacitor)
- 4mm aluminium brushed front panel with graved logo and “Wave”, 1,5mm steel chassis, aluminium keys
- Serial remote control
- CD text
- Readable files: CD, CD-R, CD-RW. Formats: MP3-WMA-AAC
- Low consumption OLED display
- Optional remote available for purchase
- 1 analog and 2 digital outputs (coaxial & optical)
- Supplies 30+5 VA
- Total of capacitors: 8 192 µF
- Output stage: symetrical / discrete stages
- Output level: 2 Vrms
- Output Impedance: 100 Ώ
- Converter (N/A): 24 Bit / 192kHz
- Digital outputs: Coaxial & optical
- Signal/noise ratio: 113 dB
- Distortion at 1kHz: < 0,002 %
- Bandwidth: 5–20 kHz
- Rising time: 2 µs
- Dimensions: 440 x 290 x 90 mm
- Weight: 5 kg
Check out the manual for more detailed information – Atoll Electronique CD50 Signature Manual