The Atoll HD120 pre-amp and digital/analog converter is equipped with a Burr Brown PCM5102 converter which can process digital audio signals up to 32 bits and 384 kHz on the coaxial input. The optical input and the asynchronous USB port can process up to 24 bits and 192 kHz.
It also includes a Bluetooth controller for wireless music streaming from a smartphone, tablet or laptop and goes perfectly with the Atoll MA100 power amplifier. It has a thick chassis and brushed aluminum front house with carefully selected components, located on optimized circuits to shorten the signal path as much as possible.
A solid power supply is responsible for providing the current necessary to amplify the two headphone outputs, capable of driving the most demanding models. As always with Atoll, the front of the device is very sober. The volume potentiometer (ALPS) is placed in a central position, framed on the left by the diodes indicating the active source and on the right by the two headphone sockets, the source selector and the on/standby button.
The rear panel of the Atoll HD120 accommodates the power connector (detachable cable) and the power switch, two S/PDIF inputs (optical and coaxial), an asynchronous USB input, two RCA format line inputs and outputs . Versatile and very musical, the Atoll HD120 pre-amp and digital/analog converter is a top-notch audiophile solution for enjoying HD digital audio files stored on a computer as well as analog and digital sources through headphones. It will benefit from being associated with the Atoll MA100 power amplifier and a pair of compact speakers or a pair of column speakers to form a compact chain with remarkable acoustic qualities.
- 2 Headphones Jack Outputs (6,35mm – 1/4″)
- Inputs Selection and Indicators
- Analog Volume Control (ALPS potentiometer)
- Optional Remote Control (volume and sources selection)
- 2 Line Inputs (RCA)
- 1 Preamp. Output (RCA)
- 1 Coaxial Input (32bits/384kHz)
- 1 Optical Input (24bits/192kHz)
- 1 Trigger 12V output (direct switch on/off with MA100)
- Supply: 12.8 VA
- Power: 1.4W / 32ohms
- Impulse Power: 6,8W/ 32ohms
- Total of capacitors: 12 425 µF
- Input Impedance: 220 K ohms
- Output Impedance on Headphones (X2): 1 ohm
- Bandwidth: 1Hz – 150kHz
- Rising Time: 3 µs
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 112 dBA
- Distortion at 1kHz: < 0,01%
- Dimensions: 320 x 220 x 60 mm
- Weight: 2.5 Kg