Convenience and performance are no longer mutually exclusive. With the DragonFly Black, any computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone can be used as a true high-fidelity music player, allowing music lovers to enjoy beautiful sound wherever they go, whenever they please. A perfect start to your audio quest.
A high-performance, full-speed USB microcontroller solution that delivers improved signal-to-noise ratio and significantly lower power consumption. The DragonFly Black also incorporates improved 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC chips, both of which employ minimum-phase filtering for naturally detailed, more authentic sound.
DragonFly Black uses the same high-quality headphone amplifier and analog volume control found in DragonFly v1.2. It will output 1.2 volts – enough power to successfully drive all preamplifier input circuits and a wide range of today’s efficient headphones.
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of headphones
- 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Analogue volume control
- Play all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB data transfer using the Streamlength protocol
- Fixed output feeds preamplifier or AV receiver
AudioQuest DragonFly model comparison – DragonFly Black/Red Model Comparison