McIntosh’s MCD600 is the culmination of 33 years of research and development into CD playback. McIntosh’s MCD550 won over the hearts of all staff at the Listening Post – its smooth yet detailed presence really shined through. The MCD600 carries on the legacy to deliver a fully balanced, 8 channel 32-bit DAC. This ensures some of the lowest measured distortion rates, especially when matched with McIntosh’s famed Quad-Balanced Differential designs.
Besides commercial SACDs and CDs, the MCD600 can also play music from user generated CD or DVD Data Discs as well as USB flash drives. Numerous file formats can be played from these discs and USB flash drives including AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (up to DSD128), FLAC, MP3, WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and WMA. Flash drives can easily be connected via the convenient front panel USB input.
- Elite-grade CD / SACD player
- Balanced 8-channel 32-bit / 384 kHz DAC
- Dual optic lasers provide 2x read speed ensuring minimal error playback
- Easy switching between CD and SACD playback
- Analogue outputs: 1 x balanced, 1 x line level RCA
- Digital inputs and outputs: 1 x optical, 1 x coaxial (for connecting to an external DAC), Digital USB, optical and coaxial inputs for improving another digital source
- Classic black glass front panel, illuminated logo and aluminum framing as part of McIntosh’s design language
Fixed analogue stereo outputs are available in both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) offerings. A coaxial and optical output are also available if you prefer to send the digital audio signal to an external DAC, preamplifier or home theatre processor.
Twin Lasers for Twice the Speed
The MCD600 features 2x read speed, so that all discs placed in its rigid aluminum die-cast tray are read at higher speeds. This allows their data to be stored in a buffer memory for a better error correction and tracking. A twin laser optical pickup uses a single objective lens with two laser units each employing different wavelengths that are optimized for SACD and CD playback.
Check out the brochure for more information – McIntosh MCD600 Brochure