The Debut Reference Advantage:
Building on the iconic status of ELAC’s Debut Series, a new Reference line emerges for ELAC’s exclusive dealers. The Debut Reference brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles. Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks!
- Improved cabinet construction: Thicker panels with full interior bracing to stiffen the cabinet and reduce vibration
- New waveguide on the tweeter for reduced diffraction
- Custom punched tweeter grille: More open hole pattern for reduced attenuation above 8kHz
- Cast Chassis Woofer: The cast aluminium chassis eliminates resonance due to the mass of the oversized magnet causing flexing of the chassis and baffle attachment point, and it also helps stiffen the cabinet.
- New Spider on the Woofer. This improves linearity at large excursion, and helps maintain bass tuning performance at high levels.
- Front Slot Vent: Using an unusual slot vent arrangement allows for lower vent noise and improved bas dynamics. The construction method of the vent also helps stiffens he cabinet.
- Sophisticated crossover network: An 11 element network gives improved frequency response linearity along with better controlled off axis response.
- Painted front baffle with satin finish for improved appearance, along with a choice of two color schemes; Black baffle/Walnut cabinet or White baffle/Oak cabinet.
- Magnetic grille attachment.
The ELAC DFR52 is the floorstanding speaker in ELAC’s Debut 2.0 Reference Series line. Building on the iconic status of ELAC’s Debut Series, this new Reference line from designer Andrew Jones brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles, Debut Reference Series DFR52 floorstanding speaker sounds as great as it looks.
Improved High Frequency Response
A newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design enhances upper high frequency response.
A new full perimeter brace that joins the top and the side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, reducing cabinet coloration.
Cast Chassis Woofer
Our new cast chassis woofer provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances.
Dual Flared Slot Port
Our new dual flared slot vent allows for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics.
- Enclosure Type: 3-Way Bass Reflex
- Frequency Response: 42Hz – 35000Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 87db @ 2.83v/1m
- Crossover Frequency: 90Hz/2200Hz
- Max Power Input: 140 Watts
- Tweeter: 1″ Cloth Dome
- Midrange: 5.25 Inch Aramid Fiber
- Woofer: 2 x 5.25 Inch Aramid Fiber
- Cabinet: CARB2 Rated MDF
- Ports: 3 x Dual Flared
- Binding Posts: 5-Way Metal
- Cabinet Finishes: White Baffle, Oak Cabinet or Black Baffle, Walnut Cabinet
- Accessories Included: Magnetic fabric grill
- Weight: 16.7 Kg Each
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 18.5 x 101.6 x 24.2 cm
Check out our first look unboxing video: