In keeping with their design principles, ELAC’s new Solano FS287 comes with the renowned JET5 tweeter, which supports the mid and low-frequency ranges with a driver that combines the subtle look of a smooth, anodized aluminum membrane with their world-famous AS-XR technology. What isn’t visible is the membrane’s unique AS-XR sandwich construction and its special combining process. The result? State-of-the-art performance!
JET Folded Air-Motion-Transformer
The JET5 tweeter is handcrafted in Kiel / Germany. It is well-known around the world, for its state-of-the-art production and highly accurate reproduction of the high-frequency range. Thanks to its construction principle and the materials used, the JET5 is capable of transmitting audio signals with frequencies up to supersonic 50,000 Hz.
Designed as a perfect match.
Cast aluminum baskets deliver an attractive look and feel. This rigid but light material ensures mechanical stability and sets the basis for highly accurate sound reproduction. Milled, sanded, lacquered, or anodized – The SOLANO series combines design and craftsmanship for a striking result.
Made for your home.
A simple rectangular shape made with solid MDF and paired with a slightly curved, large front baffle leads to a compact but impressive look that fits into any decor.
- Type: 2.5-way Vented box
- Woofer: 2 x 150 mm, Aluminum Sandwich Driver
- Tweeter: JET folded ribbon
- Crossover frequency: 450 Hz / 2400 Hz
- Frequency range (IEC 268-5): 30Hz – 50kHz
- Sensitivity: 87dB/2.83V/1m
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 to 300 wpc
- Peak power handling: 100W
- Nominal | Minimum impedance: 4 Ω | 3.2 Ω
- Finishes: Satin Black, Satin White
- Net Weight (each): 19.0 kg
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 33.1 x 19 x 24.8 cm
Check out the brochure for more information – Elac Solana Series Brochure
Check out our first look unboxing video: