Replacement stylus for the E4
The flagship E Series moving magnet cartridge stylus: E4 from Goldring. Designed as the ultimate upgrade for any modern budget or midrange turntable, E4 represents the pinnacle of E Series engineering and performance.
The E4 features a ‘nude’ super-elliptical stylus of just 7.6 x 18 microns (0.3 x 0.7 mil), cut and polished from a single homogeneous piece of diamond.
E4 is designed to be compatible with all medium-to-high-mass tonearms of the type found on the majority of budget to midrange turntables. And because it’s constructed using the same high-quality core as the other E Series cartridges in the range, E4 is ideal both for those who wish to upgrade an obsolete cartridge in its entirety or those who want to boost the performance of their existing E Series cartridge by replacing the stylus.
- New super-elliptical nude diamond stylus features lower effective tip mass, improved rigidity and better high frequency detail retrieval than ‘bonded’ elliptical alternatives.
- The lightweight and superior stiffness of the hollow aluminium cantilever allows the stylus to trace medium-to-high frequencies with greater accuracy.
- Magnetic Duplex Technology™ allows a more accurate transcription of the stereo groove which results in a more accurate soundstage
- Expert adjustment facility: Unlike most designs, E4 allows micro-adjustments to be made during the production process, ensuring each cartridge leaves the Goldring factory with optimised channel balance and crosstalk settings
- Colour: Blue
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Channel Balance: < 1.5 dB @ 1 kHz
- Channel Separation: > 20 dB @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/s)
- Static Compliance: 20 mm/N
- Vertical Tracking: Angle20°
- Stylus Radius: 7.6 micron (0.3 x 0.7 mil)
- Stylus Type: Nude eliptical
- Load Resistance: 47 kΩ
- Load Capacitance: 100 – 200 pF
- Internal Inductance: 400 mH
- Internal Resistance: 410 Ω
- Cartridge Mass: 6.9 g
- Fixing Centre: 12.7 mm
- Playing Weight: 1.5 – 2.5 g (1.75 g recommended)