iFi MicroiCAN SE Headphone Amp
Sweet sonics are made of these…
The iCAN – Special Edition is a ‘specially-tuned’ version of the top-selling micro iCAN. Sonically, it boasts Class A, DirectDrive and TubeState. Features wise, it features a newly-refined XBass, 3D Holographic for headphones and 0dB, 12dB and 24dB Gain adjustment.
Powered by the all-new iPower (15V), the special Turbo headamp circuit pumps out 4,000mW to drive even the most demanding of headphones.
The micro iCAN uses a discrete circuit that deliberately models the way tubes amplify audio. The TubeState creates a warm, spacious and natural sound, without the noise and distortion most tube circuits produce. This TubeState circuit is exclusive to iFi, and it dishes out quite a large dollop of sonic improvement, over and above other mains powered Class A headphone amplifiers.
The micro iCAN SE also receives the same technology as output power has been upped ten-fold to 4,000mW. Coupled with user-adjustable gain settings, from the most smallest to the largest of headphones, the iCAN SE is able to handle them all -with the greatest of ease.
- Gain: 0dB, 12dB and 24dB user-selectable
- Signal to Noise Ratio:>123dB (A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003% (400mV/150R)
- Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 500KHz (-3dB)
- Output Impedance: <1Ω
- Output Power: >4000mW (16Ω)
- Output Voltage: >10V (>600Ω)
- Input Voltage: AC 100 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption:
- Dimensions: D 158mm x W 68mm x H 28mm
- Weight: 216g (0.48lbs)
- Warranty: 12 months
Check out some great reviews -/