iFi Micro iPhono2
Introducing the iPhono 2…
In order to improve upon the sector-defining original iPhono, whilst keeping in essence the same design philosophy, our design team went back to the beginning and designed a ground-up, new iPhono2. The design, circuitry, the parts, the specifications and most important of all, the sonic performance meant the end justified the means.
The iPhono2 allows any cartridge at any price to be accommodated optimally. The maximum gain is now an astonishing 72dB to handle the lowest of low output MC cartridges. With its 106dB dynamic range, the iPhono2 has just pulled right out in front with something close to a 15dB bigger dynamic range than the best of the best phono stages.
The newly designed RIAA Equalisation circuit guarantees a +/- 0.2dB accuracy of the RIAA EQ from 20Hz – 20kHz, a reference class performance. The iPhono2 is also a perfect match for older non-RIAA LPs too, retaining the very popular 6 different Stereo EQ curves found in the original iPhono.
In the iPhono2, the Class A TubeState has been further refined. There is an all-new Burr-Brown Soundplus J-FET type amplifier at the heart of the new Class A, J-FET/BJT output buffer. This new circuit significantly reduces the loading seen by the main amplification circuit. This improves the circuit inherent linearity while allowing it to drive even punishing 600 ohm studio inputs with impunity.
- Frequency Response:
- 10Hz – 100KHz (±0.5dB)
- 20Hz – 20kHz (±0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range:
- MM (36dB): > 111dB (A-weighted)
- MC (60dB): > 106dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- MM (36dB): > 85dB (A-weighted re. 5mV)
- MC (60dB): > 85dB (A-weighted re. 0.5mV)
- Overload Margin:
- MM (36dB): > 26dB (re. 5mV, @ 1% THD)
- MC (60dB): > 22dB (re 0.5mV, @ 1% THD)
- Maximum undistorted output: 6V (Load >= 600 Ohm, THD <=1%)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.0007% (MM 36dB 1V out 600R Load)
- Output Impedance: <100Ω
- Input Voltage: AC 100 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: < 5W (ships with iPOWER 15v – do NOT use any other power supply)
- Dimensions: 157.48mm x 58.42mm x 27.94mm
- Weight: 199.6 grams
Check out some great reviews -/
For further information,