The NEO Stream is built to deliver optimal versatility and sonic performance combining the latest version of ifi’s network streaming engine with an award-winning DAC stage to deliver a level of audio previously unattainable. Just add your choice of amp and speakers.
This device adds streaming capability to your system, upgrades the sonic performance of your current streamer, and serves as the only streamer you will ever need.
- Ultra-Res Wi-Fi/LAN/Internet network audio streamer with integrated DAC
- Open-source architecture – works with multiple control apps, evolves continuously
- Stream the way you want – Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect, Roon Ready, AirPlay, DLNA/UPnP, NAA and more
- Supports up to 32-bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512 – not just via USB/LAN cables but Wi-Fi too
- Full MQA decoding and true-native DSD
- Custom-designed hardware and software – built for exceptional sound
- Fully balanced analog circuitry delivers maximum sonic purity
- Four user-selectable digital filters – tailor the sound to suit your music
- Exclusive streaming modes – dedicated Tidal, Roon, NAA and DLNA modes for optimised performance
- USB and S/PDIF interfaces are regulated by femto-precision clock to eradicate jitter
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and iPurifier technologies remove distortion from the audio signal
- Optical LAN input isolation technology via OPTIBOX™ – superior sound quality over gigabit Ethernet connection
- SilentLine retina-grade TFT screen with album cover artwork display
- Ultra-low noise power supply and optical LAN transmitter/receiver
The use of proprietary tech makes the NEO Stream distinctly different. No ‘bought-in’ platform. No specific control app.
Ifi’s own streaming engine that is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance.
Functionally and sonically, it’s the ideal streamer for passionate music lovers who want to experience their music with exceptional sound quality through their own choice of control app or music platform. Without an exorbitant price tag
- Roon Ready – Roon Ready certification means the NEO Stream slots straight into a Roon audio environment and works seamlessly with Roon software.
- DNLA/UPnP – Use your choice of any DLNA/UPnP compatible app – BubbleUPnP, mconnect, Audirvana and so on – to control the NEO Stream and access audio content from online services.
- Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect – Stream straight from these integrated online music services.
- Apple Airplay – Easy streaming from Apple devices.
- NAA operation –The NEO Stream can operate as a Network Audio Adapter for serious enthusiasts. It directs packets of audio data received over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable straight to the connected DAC without applying processing.
- NAS drive – stream from a local storage device using the ‘Stream-iFi’ app.
The NEO Stream’s integral DAC stage takes your streaming enjoyment to another level.
With a four-channel True Native hi-res DAC design supporting PCM 768kHz and DSD 512, and a powerful 16-core XMOS processor performing full MQA decoding up to 384kHz, this device delivers unparalleled audio performance.
Thanks to the DAC chip’s four-channel True Native design, PCM and DSD take separate pathways and remain ‘bit-perfect’ in their direct-native form, right through to analogue conversion. In the case of DSD, there is no conversion to PCM or application of multi-bit processing – this is unusual and makes the NEO Stream an excellent choice for DSD purists.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi reception (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support
- Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) – 1x RJ45; 1x M12; 1x Optical
- LAN (see below for more information)
- 2x USB-A (USB2.0 and SuperSpeed USB3.0 supported)
- 1x USB-C system update port (OTA – Over The Air – updates also available)
- Analogue – 1x stereo RCA; 1x 4.4mm balanced
- Ultra-res digital (PCM 768kHz, DSD512) – 1x HDMI-I2S;
- 1x USB-A (USB3.0)
- Hi-res S/PDIF digital (PCM 192kHz) – 1x optical; 1x coaxial; 1x AES/EBU
UNIQUE OPTICAL LAN
Wanting to connect your network router via cable rather than relying on Wi-Fi. The NEO Stream includes a unique option alongside its RJ45 and M12 ports – optical LAN using technology from ifi. Connect the OptiBox transceiver to the router, and the NEO Stream to the OptiBox via an optical cable. Both the OptiBox and cable are included.
Benefit from the highest quality digital audio connection possible between the router and the streamer.
Experience ultra-fast data speeds up to 10Gbps and bit-perfect transmission of ultra-resolution audio with minimal degradation even across distances of up to 1km.
The LAN signal from the router is regenerated, reclocked and rebalanced by the OptiBox; true galvanic isolation is applied, with zero parasitic capacitance and inductance.
SUITS YOU, SIR
Several different settings allow users to tailor the NEO Stream’s performance to suit their system and the way they like to stream. Using individual settings that optimise performance by focusing operation on one mode of use. There are specific settings for Roon, Tidal Masters, DLNA and NAA, as well as a general mode for multi-platform use.
Four user-selectable digital filters, each of which has a subtle but clearly discernible effect on sound, can be switched according to personal taste and music choice:
COME ON, HEAL THE NOISE
The NEO Stream has been painstakingly engineered to remove noise and distortion from the audio signal:
- USB ports use ANC II active noise cancellation technology
- S/PDIF outputs incorporate iPurifier technology
- The digital signal is regulated by femto-precision GMT (Global Master Timing) clock to eradicate jitter
- The retina-grade TFT display boasts SilentLine design so no electrical noise interferes with the audio signal
- Circuit components with low ESR, high linearity and low noise mean great sound quality
Voltage regulators with high PSRR (Power Supply Rejection Ratio), low idle current and low dropout equal low power supply noise and a synchronous 1.2MHz high-speed power supply controller to improve filtering efficiency mean power supply noise is vanishingly low.
The NEO Stream has more clarity and texture, and a more dynamic and engaging performance – quite simply, you hear more of the music, just as the artist intended.
- Ethernet (M12 X-code 8-pin/RJ45/Optical)
- USB-A and USB-C (front panel) (USB DISK, HDD etc.)
- DSD: up to 512 / 22.6MHz
- PCM: up to 768kHz
- MQA: Full Decoder
- Balanced 4.4mm 4V RMS / UnBAL RCA 2V RMS
- USB-C (front panel)
- USB3.0 Type-A Socket x2 (USB2.0 compatible)
- S/PDIF Optical (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
- S/PDIF Coaxial (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
- AES/EBU (XLR – single link, PCM up to 192kHz)
- I2S via HDMI connector
- Balanced: ≤74Ω
- UnBAL: ≤37Ω
Power supply requirement: DC 9V/2.0A, 12V/1.8A, 15V/1.2A (centre pin +)
Power consumption: <0.5W idle, 14W max.
Dimensions: 214 x 151 x 41 mm
Net weight: 1.0 kg
Limited Warranty: 12 months