McIntosh’s Future Proof Stereo Pre Amplifier, C49
Be prepared for future digital music technologies with the C49 Preamplifier. The C49 features McIntosh’s all new DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can be replaced by new modules as new digital audio technologies are developed. This will allow you to keep your C49 up to date with digital music formats and viable well into the future.
- Future-resistant preamp with upgradable DAC that moves with technology
- Box-ready for connection to turntables and streaming/digital sources
- McIntosh sound quality for TVs, consoles, smart devices and much more
- McIntosh’s High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) for late-night and personal listening
- Bass and treble controls to suit room acoustics in international homes
- Future-resistant digital technology coupled with a timeless aesthetic
- Hand-built to last in the New York factory
The C49 comes with a multitude of inputs. Much too many to write out here, but check the specifications below for a list of inputs. The real superstar of the C49 preamp is the new DA1 Digital Audio Module.
The DA1 is powered by an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that is used in Quad Balanced mode; it supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for playback of high resolution audio. In total, the C49 has 13 inputs, and each can be given user-friendly names to simplify system setup and control.
For connecting to your amplifier and the rest of your home audio system, the C49 has 2 balanced variable outputs, 2 unbalanced variable outputs, and 1 unbalanced fixed output. The outputs are designed for easy use when bi-amping your speakers so that neither your highs or lows are inadvertently turned off. Your audio sources can be fine tuned via the bass and treble tone controls. The C49 can be seamlessly integrated into your home theater system via Home Theater Pass Through. Power Control ports allow for the easy turn on/turn off of other connected McIntosh components, while the Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components. McIntosh’s High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) is also included.
The C49 comes complete with classic McIntosh design staples such as a black glass front panel, knobs, an illuminated logo and aluminum end caps. Pair it with a variety of amplifiers, turntables, CD players, tuners, speakers, power controllers and room correction devices to make a complete home audio system.
Check out the brochure for more information – McIntosh C49 Brochure
Check out our first look unboxing video: