Big Sound Can Come in Small Packages…
The MA5300 is proof that big sound can come in small packages. It is McIntosh’s smallest solid state integrated amplifier – in terms of both power output and physical size – making it an ideal choice for smaller spaces or for someone just beginning to assemble a home audio system.It’s a direct coupled amplifier that delivers 100 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 160 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers. New dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both 4 and 8 Ohm impedances.
- 2 x 100 watts of power amplification
- New & improved McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks
- Digital inputs are housed within an upgradable DA1 Digital Audio Module
- Analogue inputs include 4 x Line Level RCA, 1 x Balanced, 1 x MM Phono
- Digital inputs include 2 Coaxial, 2 Optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT input
- Quad balanced 8-channel, 32-bit / 192 kHz DAC
- Hi-Res digital music up to DSD256 & DXD 384kHz
- New & improved control microprocessors
- Full of McIntosh technological staples including Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, Home Theater PassThru, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) and Power Control
Connect virtually any source
The MA5300’s complement of 12 inputs includes 6 analogue inputs (4 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 Moving Magnet input for turntables) and 6 digital inputs (2 each coaxial and optical, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports).
Upgradeable digital module
All digital inputs are housed in the DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can be replaced by future modules as new digital audio technologies are developed.The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high-resolution audio playback. All inputs can be given user-friendly names to simplify system control and configuration.
New McIntosh technology
Included on the MA5300 are our McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the MA5300’s complete sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on.Powerful new control microprocessors have been used to improve overall system operation, along with some of the latest audio-grade circuit components to deliver the best possible sound. Bass and treble tone controls have been added to help you further fine tune your music to your personal preferences.Rounding out the MA5300 are time tested McIntosh technologies including Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, Home Theater PassThru, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
Check out our first look unboxing video: