The Core of a 2-Channel Home Audio System
Offering 200 Watts per channel and 14 total inputs, the space-saving MA7200 Integrated Amplifier can easily become the core of your 2-channel home audio system.
- 2 x 200 watts of power amplification
- New & improved McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks
- Digital inputs are housed within an upgradable DA1 Digital Audio Module
- Analogue inputs include 5 x Line Level RCA, 1 x Balanced, 1 x MM Phono, 1 x MC Phono
- Digital inputs include 2 Coaxial, 2 Optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT input
- Quad balanced 8-channel, 32-bit / 192 kHz DAC
- Hi-Res digital music up to DSD256 & DXD 384kHz
- New & improved control microprocessors
- Full of McIntosh technological staples including Autoformers, Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, Home Theater PassThru, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) and Power Control
A multitude of inputs…
Making up the MA7200’s 14 inputs are 8 analogue connections – 5 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet inputs for turntables. Along with this are 6 digital connections – 2 each of coaxial and optical, plus 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT (for use with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport). All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
Upgradeable digital module…
To keep up with the ever-changing world of digital audio, all the digital inputs are housed in a new DA1 Digital Audio Module. The DA1 Digital Audio Module can be replaced by future modules to easily keep your MA7200 current with all the latest digital audio formats and technologies.
The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit / 384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz.
New McIntosh technology…
The MA7200 includes the new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks, which are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the MA7200’s full sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on.
The MA7200 is full of other McIntosh technologies including Autoformers to deliver the full 200 watts to each of your speakers regardless of their impedance, Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, Home Theater PassThru, bass and treble tone controls, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
Check out our first look unboxing video: