The 2M Black is an amazing cartridge and by many considered the ultimate in moving magnet. So, why would Ortofon attempt to create something even better? Because perfection runs in their blood. The 2M Black LVB 250 upgrades the great build of the 2M Black with a boron cantilever and their very own nano tube suspension system. The result is a sound so precise and so detailed that you feel like you have let the artist into your house and have them playing right in your living room.
The 2M Black LVB 250 uses a nude shibata diamond on a boron cantilever, the combination known from the acclaimed MC Cadenza Black cartridge. The use of an extremely stiff and lightweight boron cantilever adds remarkable transparency, speed and responsiveness. The nude shibata stylus’ slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the highest frequencies.
The 2M Black LVB was released to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven.
2M Series Styli Interchangeability
The 2M Series’ engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250
- 2M Mono and 2M 78
The New Rubber Compound Formula
To attain an optimal interaction between compliance and damping, a new rubber compound for the suspension system has been developed.
The new rubber compound formula is based on the Multi Wall Carbon Nano Tubes (MWCNT) highly efficient nano filler. The new MWCNT-based compound offers desirable mechanical properties, which ensure better damping and improve the overall performance of the cartridge.
Also, the new MWCNT rubber compound allows for more environmental-friendly production, adding further benefit. The MWCNT powder is applied in a rubber polymer matrix and not in a powdered form, which makes the production process more clean, non-polluting and energy saving.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 27 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 + 2 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type: nude shibata
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/50 µm
- Cantilever material: boron
- Tracking force range: 1.5-1.7 g (15-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.6 g (16 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g
- Premounted cartridge weight: 16.7 g