Customisable to Fit Your Cartridge
The Phono Box S2 comes with customisable dip switches on the underside of the device. Use the dip switches at the bottom of the unit to set input gain, input capacitance and input impedance (please set both channels equally.)
To find out which type your cartridge is please consult the literature accompanying your cartridge. The literature for cartridges should also specify the correct input impedance (low-output MC cartridges) and the correct input capacitance (high-output MC and MM cartridges), into which the cartridge is designed to work.
Audiophile, Versatile & Affordable!
Phono Box S was one of our favourite products, it offered unrivaled sonics and versatility at a very affordable price. When we started creating Phono Box S2, its successor, it had to have exactly that but improve on sound even further. Phono Box S2 features incredible micro-details, dynamics and precision with a sound stage usually found in much more expensive products.
The new S2 style housing is made of an aluminium/metal sandwich construction and not only offers highest aesthetics but also outstandingly protects it from unwanted electromagnetic interference and vibrations. This guarantees for an undisturbed listening experience without worries. The switches on the bottom of the unit allow fine tuning the sound to your preferences and adjusting Phono Box S2 to any available cartridge!
Phono Box S was considered the best option of all entry-level phono stages by many acclaimed HiFi magazines, Phono Box S2 is sure to follow its predecessor‘s footsteps and will set new standards at this price point!
- Audiophile performance
- Dual mono configuration
- Audiophile-grade amplification modules
- Audiophile-grade polypropylene WIMA capacitors
- Precise RIAA equalisation
- Switchable Subsonic filter –12dB @ 20Hz
- Switchable input impedance/capacitance
- 4 adjustable gain levels
- Outstanding sound quality
- Input impedance: 10 Ohm/ 100 Ohm/1 kOhm / 47 kOhm
- Input capacitance: 100 pF/ 200 pF/ 320 pF/ 420 pF
- Gain switch: 40 dB/ 43 dB/ 60 dB/ 63 dB
- Subsonic switch: -12 dB @ 20 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 85 dB
- THD+N: 0.01% MM/ 0.05% MC
- RIAA accuracy: < 0,4 dB / 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- In/Out sockets: 1 pair RCA connectors
- Power consumption: 18 V / 85 mA
- Outboard power supply: 18 Volt DC/ 500 mA
- Dimensions ( W x H x D ): 103 x 36 x 115 mm
Check out the brochure for more information – ProJect Phono Box S2 Brochure
NOTE from Crighton: This is a superb phono pre-amp. The dip-switches under the unit make it easy to get the most out for for BOTH MM and MC Carts and gives you good solid adjustment of gain (up to 63dB). It is well worth the extra investment over basic budget options.