These iconic DJ decks have set the standard and becnhmark for both professional and amateur DJs world wide. First released 45 years ago and now on to the 7th remake of this amazing turntable, the SL-1210MK7 is simply an amazing product.
The direct drive system uses a slow-turning motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. On the other hand, the direct drive system was said to produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the SL-1210MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the core (iron core) from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimized, thus achieving high-torque-performance equaling that of the SL-1210MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
- Coreless Direct-Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation
- Diverse New Functions Adapt to Various Playing Styles
- High Sensitive Tonearm
- Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-brightness and Long-life White LED
- Power / Phono Cable Terminals
- High-rigidity Cabinet and High-damping Insulator
Diverse New Functions Adapt to Various Playing Styles
Torque / Brake Speed Adjustment
The newest digital motor control technology, accumulated through the development of Blu-ray disc products, is applied to improve adjustment by allowing the torque and brake speed to be adjusted individually in four steps.
The Pitch Control Function
The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within ±8% / ±16%. It does this through digital control, from positional detection of the slider to rotational control of the motor, eliminating the unnecessary DA conversion. This greatly improves tracking performance to achieve accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
Reverse Play Function
The reverse play function, which brings forth new possibilities of creative performance, makes its first appearance in the SL-1210 Series. In addition to 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, a rotation speed of 78 rpm is supported.
*The torque / brake speed adjustment, rotation speed switch, and reverse play can be adjusted by switches on the main unit.
High Sensitive Tonearm
The tonearm, which has continued to support the leading edge of the DJ scene for many years, inherits the highly reliable static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. Using high-precision bearings, it achieves a higher initial-motion sensitivity than the SL-1210MK6. This accurately tracks the groove on the phono record to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-brightness and Long-life White LED
The stylus illuminator features a new push-type structure for intuitive operation, and employs a high-brightness and long-life white LED. The illumination area and intensity were reviewed to provide improved visibility of the stylus tip even in a dark environment.
High-rigidity Cabinet and High-damping Insulator
The chassis, an essential part for reducing external vibrations, inherits the audio quality enhancement technology fostered through the development of high-end turntables. The aluminium die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with a special material consisting of ABS mixed with glass fibre to achieve a two-layer construction. The combination of this special high-rigidity material and a metal chassis raised the rigidity and vibration-damping performance to higher levels, realising a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction. The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal frequency characteristics. This not only assures high sound quality and superb howling resistance, but also effectively shuts out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
- Type: Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Turntable Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
- Starting Torque: 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
- Wow And Flutter: 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
- Turntable Platter: Aluminium diecast
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
- Diameter : 332 mm
- Weight : Approx. 1.8 kg (Including slipmat and slipsheet
- Type: Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Tracking Error Angle
- Within 2° 32′ (at the outer groove of 30 cm record)
- Within 0° 32′ (at the inner groove of 30 cm record)
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0 – 6 mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 – 4 g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6 g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range (without auxiliary weight):
- 5.6 – 12.0 g
- 14.3 – 20.7 g (including head shell)
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, EARTH TERMINAL x 1
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353 mm
- Weight: Approx. 9.6 kg