Thorens TD 1600 combines the brand’s tradition of the past with 21st century’s technology. Externally quite similar to former famous 160 series with classical wooden plinth, two-part platter with inner belt and thick rubber mat, arm board and acrylic dust cover, it contains a lot of innovations inside.
The conical springs for sub chassis are not mounted on top board any longer but standing on the bottom. Additionally, a small but strong tightened thread made of steel connects sub chassis with a steel pin on the bottom and so prevents sub chassis from staggering and allows only vertical movement. A powerful control unit takes care of motor speed.
- Stabilised sub chassis on three conical springs
- Polished precision belt
- Two part platter
- Adjustable belt tension
- Electronical controlled motor
- balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) output
- Thorens precision tonearm TP 92 9“
- Function: Manual turntable with sub chassis
- Drive System: Belt, sub platter aluminium
- Motor: Electronically controlled and stabilised AC synchronous motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm.
- Speed select: Electronical
- Platter: 12“ / 4.2 kg (Aluminium)
- Tone arm: Thorens TP 92
- Cartridge-Anti-Skating: Magnetic (TP 92)
- Power supply: External Power Supply (115/230 V depending on type)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 454 x 180 x 369 mm
- Weight: 10.9 kg
- Finish: Wooden plinth, Black high gloss, Walnut high gloss, Top board made of triCom
Check out the specifications for more details – Thorens TD 1600 Specifications